- Badger Bristle Comparison
This Parker Pure Badger Bristle Brush is made with an ebony lightweight resin handle. The bristles are very dense and stiff which promotes exfoliation while preparing the skin for a shave. The coarse hairs are good for the guy who likes it rough! This shaving brush is a good value and perfect for the guy who is looking to get started in the grooming ritual of wet shaving at a minimal cost.
-20 mm brush knot handmade with quality
Did you know that a shave brush does more than just smear shaving soap on the face? It serves many simultaneous functions:
- Prepares the skin by opening up the pores with the heat of the water & soap trapped within the bristles.
- Lifts the whiskers up from the skin making a closer shave possible.
- Exfoliates the skin.
Get it fast! Ready to ship within 1 business day.
- Good- Pure Badger Bristle Brush: This is the coarsest of all the badger hair. It is ideal for a man that prefers a more aggressive texture that will give the skin a good exfoliation. Men with sensitive skin may opt for a softer bristle. The hair is harvested from the underbelly, the largest area of the badger. Because this hair is more plentiful it keeps the cost of this brush low in comparison. This is a great brush for the budget minded guy.
- Better- Super Badger Bristle Brush: This brush will offer the ideal middle ground for the guy interested in a softer grade bristle without giving up the exfoliation feature. The hairs are taken from the dorsal region of the animal, which is significantly less course than the underbelly. This brush has a nice balance between stiffness, backbone and soft tips for comfort against the skin.
- Best- Silvertip Badger Bristle Brush: This brush is regarded as the highest grade bristle available. This hair is the finest and softest of any part of the badger. It is harvested from a small area around the neck therefore less of these hairs are obtainable. The Silvertip retains more water than any other bristle type, which creates a luxurious velvety lather that provides ample lubrication for the razor to smoothly glide over the skin. We recommend this brush for any type of skin but especially for sensitive skin because the soft tips make the shave experience more comfortable. The Silvertip brush is a definite status piece for the serious wet shaver!
For more information visit our "Brush Basics" page inside our Wet Shaving School section